Saturday, March 25, 2006

Fado - A faerie tale blog of the California Coast part 2

A few updates: Beltain, my main shop, is having a sale! 20% off selected items, just click on the banner. I've included t-shirts with my Celtic grail design, it's a symbol of rebirth and inspiration, a perfect symbol for spring! There's a really lovely design of zoomorphic birds and salmon and spiral work, all in glowing blue on t-shirts, mugs and more! There's also a selection of t-shirts from my Names of Ireland line, and an illuminated manuscript print with knotwork and spiral work! Each of it's capitol letters alone is enough to be a finished work of art. (in my humble Irish opinion.) If you haven't seen http://www.beltain.com yet, then please stop in. I'll put the kettle on, we'll have tea and scones, and I'll show you what I've been drawing lately!

I'm on the lookout for inde Celtic musicians- Send me demo and I'll post a review of it here!Also, there's a local radio station here, and I'll see if I can get you some air-time.(put contact info in the comment section, all contact info will be held confidential unless you say otherwise. No worries about marketing lists, spam or other evils.)

Weather, health and car permitting, I will be attending the Mendocino Folk Music festival this spring. (I'll post the site address soon, I just don't have it with me right now.) Again I will be reviewing the musicians, artist, and the general scene, so look for updates !

Fado - A faerie tale blog of the California Coast part 2

So, A couple of days after that, the wind had blown through and pushed the clouds away enough for the sun to shine through, and I was off at my favorite log beach scrounging. (I'm not going to say which one 'cause then everyone will want to go there, and all the best pickings will be gone. Once again, the beach was full of dead birds. Not seagulls this time, but something smaller, though defiantly not sand pipers. Every hundred feet or so there one would be, caught up in the drift wood and sea weed. The crows were having a feast. I walked down the sand, filling my bag with broken shells, feathers, false jade, and driftwood. I had been walking down the strand for about an hour. The sun was warm on my face, a pleasant contrast to the sharp winter wind. Even as bundled up against the elements as I was, I could tell it would not be long before I gave in and went home to sort my treasures over a cup of coco. Still I wanted to press on a little further. I've always been the kind of person who is never satisfied until they see what is around the next bend. In fact, I was just coming around the out cropping sand dune, when I nearly bumped into that woman. You know, the one in the rags, who had been standing in the rain. She was wearing a long black dress over her bulky frame and a black shawl hung over her bent back. She wore a necklace of black stones that might have been obsidian and ravens feathers twined together with hemp. Turning to face me, she abruptly demanded "what IS it that you want?"
At first, taken aback, I could think of nothing to say. But her yellow eyes so pierced me that I felt I had to answer.
"Are you alright now?" I asked, referring to the previous evening.
"Is there any thing that you need?"
"Is there anything that YOU need?" she said in a disapproving tone, that made it clear that I was somehow missing the point.
"I'm ok" I stuttered back.
"Well then, be off with you!" she said, raising her voice, and took a swing at me with her stick! Really! She could of hit me.
So with an "All right then." I turned around and went back at a fast pace all the way back to the car. The strange thing was, though, I felt as if she knew me. At least she sure sounded like she did.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home